Clients make use of ViAGO primarily on transformational project for the following three reasons:
- They perceive the risk from doing it themselves to be uncomfortably high
- They have concerns about the completeness of the changes
- They are bothered by the time to benefit of their project
For some clients, implementing with ViAGO is driven by the need to take a break-even / loss making performance and turn it around to a reliable profit month after month. For some clients implementing enables them to break a growth constraint and achieve / maintain rapid growth, and for others implementing enables them to have their business operate safely and profitably whilst they take their first decent family holiday in years.
IMPLEMENTING A PRODUCTIVITY JOURNEY
ViAGO provides the greatest leverage to clients when they are seeking the benefits of Phase 7 – Constraint & Risk Management, Phase 8 – Variation Management and Radar, and Phase 9 – Strategic Mix Management.
During implementation of Phase 7 it is common to also see improvements in productivity in phase 5 and 6 and sometimes in the Data phases of 1 through 4.
The Productivity Journey Phases 7 through 9 (plus 10) can be implemented slowly or fast, depending on your appetite for ongoing improvement. Each of Phase 7, 8, 9 and 10 is implemented sequentially and takes the embedded gains of its predecessor as the starting point for its gains. Skipping Phase 7, and going straight to Phase 8 experience, yields a weak result. Trying to go straight to phase 10 can be catastrophic “DON’T DO IT!”. Implementing Phase 10 on the back of Phase 9 has proven to be very lucrative.
THE FACTORS TO BE CONSIDERED WHEN PLANNING YOUR TRANSFORMATION PROJECT
Project risk can be retained entirely internally, or partially transferred to the service provider
- Who provides project management?
- Who makes resources available?
- Who is responsible for the outcomes?
- Is the fee fixed? What are the payment terms?
Project timeframe can range from weeks to years…
- Education, diagnostic and design, project planning, installation, implementation, and support (monitoring)
- Books versus formal courses?
- Use of consultants for rapid transformation?
- Generally, the system is unstable during transition, so FASTER is also SAFER
Project return on investment is a function of the completeness of the transformation
- Core problem
- Feedback loops
- Transform undesirable effects to desired effects
- Deal with negative side effects
- Change policies and operational procedures to cause the above
COMMON ENGAGEMENT STRATEGIES PEOPLE USE WITH ViAGO
- Some of our clients buy a copy of the business novel “The Goal by Eli Goldratt” and successfully self-implemented
- Some of our clients like to call us up every so often and have a chat over coffee about their implementation and then self-implement
- Some of our clients use our e-Learning to learn about and perform behavioural experiments to self-implement
- Some of our clients ask us to come visit them every month and we give them specific implementation recommendations
- Some of our clients put their Managers through our training courses and then self-implement rapidly
- And some of our clients would simply rather lower their risk, get the experts to did it, and maximise their return. They call us in for a Rapid Installation Project and ViAGO implements.